Why is brainstorming important? We people keep facing problems in our day-to-day life and feel helpless sometimes. These problems do have solutions. We have to understand that we can give ourselves a chance to change our perspective and view things differently than what they seem to be. We all need to realize that a problem is a chance for us to do our best. Life keeps presenting challenges to us, which are nothing but some tests to discover our hidden powers that otherwise lie/remain dormant. Also, the broader our perspective, the more chances we get to understand the opportunities that lie in front of us to get closer to our dreams. We can learn lessons from all those experiences the world keeps facing and apply them to our hardships. And this will ultimately help us realize that our problems are not too big, and most of them can vanish from our lives if we choose to see the bright side. We must use our energy wisely by thinking positive thoughts so that it helps us in our progress while marching towards our destination. Brainstorming allows us to think empowering thoughts and keep our mindset strong.
Ten exclusive ways to brainstorm your mind are as follows:-
- Sit with yourself: Sit with your feelings once in a while. Talk to yourself positively about things going around you, and somewhere in between, you’ll find your peace, comfort, and joy. Sometimes, we should review our behavior and ask ourselves whether we are happy with our actions or not. Also, we should keep a regular check on our thoughts and activities so that we can observe whether we are going in the right direction or not. We must reflect upon how things are going and must give ourselves time to absorb them. Take time to keep a check on your analysis/perception of things so that you can keep refining your behavior towards handling them in better ways.
- Observe/study yourself: Isolation stimulates a creative mind. You can always try some mental exercise for activities that involve creativity of mind. When there’s some emotion inside you, it’s always trying to teach you something. Keep focusing on the lessons life teaches you, and it will help you grow beyond limits. Trust the process of growth. Accept life as it unfolds every moment. Observe your surroundings; life teaches many lessons only when we know how to observe and learn.
- Write your experiences: Learn lessons from every challenge you face so that you can grow through your experiences and add meaning to your life. When you learn to add meaning, you’ll know how to convert your experiences into lessons learned. Then, you can write your experiences and create a beautiful diary of your story.
- Improve your imagination power: To develop good imagination power, here are some techniques:-
• Consume all kinds of content
• Do not fear change
• Challenge yourself to be more productive every new day
• Play games like chess
• Find ways/possibilities/solutions to expand your perspective when stuck in a problem
• Learn new things
• Observe and learn
• Channelize your energy and thoughts in the right direction
• Solve a different variety of puzzles
These points will also help you sharpen your skills.
- Practice visualizing things: Imagine your dreams coming true, and visualize happy scenes from your future. Pick any art form and try to express your emotions in a creative form/style. Visualizing things can also help you get a better vision in life.
- Be open to new ideas: Discover possibilities where you find none. See problems as opportunities to push your creative boundaries. Team up, dream big and think outside the box ideas. Welcome all sorts of ideas related to a particular problem, and then try to sort out things in your way to select the best possible solution.
- Make unfamiliar familiar: Get comfortable with the uncomfortable and see your life shifting its dimension to the highest form of happiness. When we experience some pressure due to unavoidable circumstances, we realize/learn what values we can hold on to as our strengths in different situations. In discomfort, we always try our best to make ourselves feel comfortable or secure (as security makes us feel safe and happy), and hence growth happens. In the process, we also discover different kinds of moments that make us feel peaceful. Take care of one significant point here we do not have to over-think.
- Give words to your feelings: Never suppress your instinct (a tiny voice from the heart) and intuition (a little voice in the head) because that’s the spark that makes you truly unique. Voice your opinions; share them with a friend or family member; this will help you generate and conclude new ideas.
- Have curiosity: Ask yourself questions on general topics from current affairs. Create solutions for everyday problems around you. Engage in some hobby; in your break time, distract yourself with all the right kinds of things (that enhance your creativity) to understand how to enjoy the good things (that are meant for you) in life. A curious mind can always help us keep active and conscious.
- Practice perspective shift: Try to see things around you through different perspectives. Examples that can help us are as follows (tips and tricks for how an individual can practice perspective shift):-
• Turn anger into humility
• Turn attitude to positive nature
• Turn negativity to the bright side
• Turn arguments into opinions
• Turn problems into challenges
• Turn challenges into opportunities for growth
• Turn loneliness to feeling peace
• Turn criticism into feedback
These points help in viewing things from a different dimension, which ultimately allows us to create an aura of positivity, hope, and love around us.
Be grateful for your mind and all the challenges it presents to you. Be thankful for the setbacks you face. Learn to embrace your mind for everything it can offer, rather than focusing only on the negativity it sometimes brings to the party. You are in control of how to organize your thoughts to reap a wonderful life.